“Without a word, my dog taught me the meaning of love.” — Leila Grandemange.
Leila Grandemange was born in Boston but has relocated extensively throughout her life and had the privilege to learn several languages and encounter various cultures. She’s always been passionate about animals, especially dogs and horses and spent her early years riding and showing a beautiful horse named “Sony”. Classical Ballet was also a very important part of her life. She began dancing at the age of 6 and at age 18 joined a professional ballet company and toured all over the United States. It was a dream come true!
A few years later, as newly weds, Leila and her husband moved to France. She soon earned a teaching degree in Classical Ballet and spent over 20 years teaching children and adults. It was there, on the beaches of Etretat in the Normandie region of France that she met and fell in love with the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She has never been without one since! Leila and her husband presently live in the United States. No longer a professional ballet dancer, one of her greatest joys is now dancing around the ring with her beloved dogs .
In 2002 she established Grandville Cavaliers and has worked hard to develop a quality breeding program with a special emphasis on the whole colors of the breed (Ruby and Black and Tan). Leila has produced Champions in all four colors of the breed, and in 2013, one of the ruby dogs she bred was the Top Winning Cavalier in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club USA. She is an AKC Breeder of Merit and an active member of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club USA ( CKCSC, USA). She is immensely grateful to her loving husband of over 20 years and her precious family for their loving support.
Leila has a B.A. in Christian Education and loves her church. All these experiences, combined with her love for God, family, and the dogs she loves, are threads woven into her writing. She is a member of the Dog Writers Association of America (DWAA) and writes for publications dedicated to the welfare of dogs. Her favorite topics to write about are responsible dog ownership, the human-canine bond and its connection to God, and life-lessons learned from her dogs. She also loves to write to encourage people in their faith!
Leila is grateful for the warm welcome her writing has received, with numerous endorsements, and award nomination certificates for her articles, books, and poetry. Most notably, in 2013, one of her articles published in the Royal Spaniels Magazine was the winner of the prestigious AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Public Service Award. She believes that dogs are a tangible expression of God’s unconditional love, and continues to share the many life lessons she has learned from her dogs, nature, and the world around her. Warm and personal, her writing style will surely appeal to readers of all ages.
- Author, Publisher, free-lance writer, dog enthusiast.
- Published in the Royal Spaniels Magazine and the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club USA National Bulletin.
- Breeder/Exhibitor of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, AKC Breeder of Merit
- B.A. Christian Education, Anderson University
- English teacher in France, public and private schools
- Professional Ballet dancer and teacher. Earned Ballet teaching degree in Rouen France.
- Dog Writers Association of America (DWAA)
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club USA
- Canine Freestyle Federation
Author’s Web Sites and Blogs:
- Pawz & Pray —Dog related educational and inspirational articles. Founded in 2012
- Leila Grandemange— Sharing Hope
- SunnyVille Publishing— Leila’s Book. Founded in 2010
- Grandville Cavaliers — Founded in 2002. Breeder/exhibitor of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Lost and Found Cavaliers Facebook page— Founded in 2014
Writing Awards and Nominations:
- 2013 —AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Public Service Award (DWAA); for the article,The BEST Gift You Will Ever Give Your Dog! published in The Royal Spaniels Magazine. Thank you to the Dog Writers Association of America and the American Kennel Club for this honor.
- 2014—Book Award Nomination; Pawz and Pray, Short Reflections about God, Life, and the Dogs I Love —Writing Competition, Dog Writers Association Of America (DWAA). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
- 2015—Book Award Nomination; A Breeder’s Companion, Record Keeping—Writing Competition, Dog Writers Association Of America (DWAA). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
- 2015—Award Nomination: The AdoptAShelter.com Adopt A Homesless Dog Award. Presented for the article, “That’s What Friends Are For” (Royal Spaniels Magazine). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
- 2015—Poetry Award Nomination: James Colasanti, Jr. Poetry Award. Presented for the poem, “That’s What Friends Are For” (Royal Spaniels Magazine). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
- My Beloved Dog Wellness Book, Veterinary Record Keeping & New Owner Resources
- Pawz and Pray, short reflections about God, life and the dogs I love!
- My Beloved Dogs, Record Keeping for the Canine Competitor and Multi-Dog Home
- A Breeder’s Companion, Record Keeping For Your Dogs’ Litters
- A Story of a Promising Puppy
- Un Petit Chien Plein De Promesses ( the french version of A Story Of A Promising Puppy)
- Reflections; A Devotional Inviting You On A Journey Towards Purity
All personal writing, photography and video on this blog is the property of the author and may not be reproduced in any manner without written permission by the author. Thank you. © Leila Grandemange